By Priscilla Dass-Brailsford
This textual content presents pros with the talents had to successfully support survivors of failures, together with typhoon Katrina, with therapeutic, restoration, and resilience. This finished assortment comprises strong, direct money owed of first responders and the companies they signify. Taking a pragmatic, skill-building process, it bargains transparent and pragmatic options to assist services, educators, advocates, and policymakers larger know the way to satisfy the wishes of youngsters, households, and groups within the aftermath of failures.
- Provides a considerable evaluate of the present theoretical and examine literature on failures and catastrophe response
- Emphasizes multicultural competency within the aftereffects of disasters
- Uses a realistic skill-building method of enhance skills in difficulty work
- Covers the religious dimensions of therapeutic in addition to funeral practices to inspire dialogue on grief and mourning
This booklet is a must have reference for psychological overall healthiness practitioners. For graduate scholars of counseling, psychology, or social paintings, drawback and catastrophe Counseling will make clear how conception and learn might be utilized to perform and policy.
Read Online or Download Crisis and Disaster Counseling: Lessons Learned From Hurricane Katrina and Other Disasters PDF
Similar psychological counselling books
Whilst one accomplice in a courting is untrue to the opposite, it takes loads of paintings via either events concerned to salvage the connection. In today’s therapy-friendly weather, marriage/couples counseling is usually a a part of that rebuilding technique. Many hunt down expert treatment after an affair is out within the open, yet usually the act of infidelity is printed whereas uncovering and discussing unrelated matters for which the couple is in counseling.
In our society, bullying is often noticeable as a typical, inescapable a part of growing to be up that youngsters and teenagers needs to easily undergo. In Bullying, Suicide, and murder, Butch Losey demanding situations this perspective, arguing that bullying isn't part of adolescence improvement, yet particularly an aberrant habit that, for the sufferer, can result in antagonistic judgements, akin to suicide and murder.
First released in 1992. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This functional consultant specializes in the decreased expression and task frequently defined as constituting damaging indicators of psychosis and schizophrenia. utilizing enticing actions and case experiences to assist studying, it bargains replacement reasons for those indicators and descriptions techniques for addressing them in perform.
- Ground Rules in Psychotherapy and Counselling (SYSTEMIC)
- Nelson-Jones' Theory and Practice of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- A Roadmap for Couple Therapy: Integrating Systemic, Psychodynamic, and Behavioral Approaches
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Couples: A Clinician's Guide to Using Mindfulness, Values, and Schema Awareness to Rebuild Relationships
- Irreverence: A Strategy for Therapists' Survival (The Systemic Thinking and Practice Series)
Extra resources for Crisis and Disaster Counseling: Lessons Learned From Hurricane Katrina and Other Disasters
Crisis and Disaster Counseling: Lessons Learned From Hurricane Katrina and Other Disasters by Priscilla Dass-Brailsford