By Steve Clark,Tristanne Connolly
Read Online or Download British Romanticism in European Perspective: Into the Eurozone PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
The severe historical past gathers jointly a wide physique of serious resources on significant figures in literature. every one quantity offers modern responses to a writer's paintings, permitting scholars and researchers to learn for themselves, for instance, reviews on early performances of Shakespeare's performs, or reactions to the 1st ebook of Jane Austen's novels.
Most sensible often called the writer of such works as King Solomon's Mines and she or he, H. Rider Haggard was once some of the most renowned writers of the late-Victorian period, and his works remain influential this day. To a wide measure, his novels are desirable due to his photo of Africa, and an realizing of his illustration of the African panorama is crucial to a serious studying of his works.
In her examine of the outlet of the English Lake District to mass tourism, Saeko Yoshikawa examines William Wordsworth’s position within the upward push and improvement of the zone as a well-liked vacation spot. For the center periods on vacation, guidebooks not just provided useful details, yet additionally they supplied a clean rationale and a brand new version of appreciation via associating writers with areas.
Arguing opposed to the serious common that Evelyn Waugh’s post-war fiction represents a decline in his powers as a author, D. Marcel DeCoste bargains exact analyses of Waugh's significant works from Brideshead Revisited to Unconditional quit. instead of representing an ill-advised departure from his real calling as an iconoclastic satirist, DeCoste indicates, those novels shape a cohesive, crafty complete accurately as they discover the level to which the writer’s and the Catholic’s vocations can coincide.
- Island Genres, Genre Islands: Conceptualisation and Representation in Popular Fiction (Rethinking the Island)
- Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre (Readers' Guides to Essential Criticism)
- Impossible Individuality: Romanticism, Revolution, and the Origins of Modern Selfhood, 1787-1802
- Margaret Atwood: Crime Fiction Writer: The Reworking of a Popular Genre
- From Scythia to Camelot: A Radical Reassessment of the Legends of King Arthur, the Knights of the Round Table, and the Holy Grail (Arthurian Characters and Themes)
- Technologies of the Gothic in Literature and Culture: Technogothics (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature)
Extra resources for British Romanticism in European Perspective: Into the Eurozone
British Romanticism in European Perspective: Into the Eurozone by Steve Clark,Tristanne Connolly