By Charles Mahoney
- Breaking loose from the limits of the traditionally-studied authors, the gathering takes a revitalized method of the sphere and brings jointly essentially the most intriguing paintings being performed at the moment time
- Emphasizes poetic shape and strategy instead of a biographical approach
- Features essays on construction and distribution and the various faculties and activities of Romantic Poetry
- Introduces modern contexts and views, in addition to the problems and debates that proceed to force scholarship within the field
- Presents the main entire and compelling choice of essays on British Romantic poetry at present available
Read or Download A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
The serious history gathers jointly a wide physique of serious resources on significant figures in literature. every one quantity provides modern responses to a writer's paintings, allowing scholars and researchers to learn for themselves, for instance, reviews on early performances of Shakespeare's performs, or reactions to the 1st ebook of Jane Austen's novels.
Most sensible often called the writer of such works as King Solomon's Mines and she or he, H. Rider Haggard was once probably the most renowned writers of the late-Victorian period, and his works remain influential this day. To a wide measure, his novels are attractive due to his photograph of Africa, and an figuring out of his illustration of the African panorama is principal to a severe studying of his works.
In her research of the hole of the English Lake District to mass tourism, Saeko Yoshikawa examines William Wordsworth’s position within the upward push and improvement of the quarter as a well-liked vacation spot. For the center sessions on vacation, guidebooks not just provided sensible info, yet in addition they supplied a clean reason and a brand new version of appreciation through associating writers with areas.
Arguing opposed to the serious common that Evelyn Waugh’s post-war fiction represents a decline in his powers as a author, D. Marcel DeCoste deals special analyses of Waugh's significant works from Brideshead Revisited to Unconditional give up. instead of representing an ill-advised departure from his actual calling as an iconoclastic satirist, DeCoste indicates, those novels shape a cohesive, crafty entire accurately as they discover the level to which the writer’s and the Catholic’s vocations can coincide.
- Poetics of Luxury in the Nineteenth Century: Keats, Tennyson, and Hopkins
- The Heyday of Sir Walter Scott (Routledge Revivals)
- Victorians in the Mountains: Sinking the Sublime
- Fashioning Authorship in the Long Eighteenth Century: Stylish Books of Poetic Genius (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print)
- The Unnameable Monster in Literature and Film (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature)
Extra resources for A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Charles Mahoney